- This event has passed.
Social/Support Group for JDW Mom’s With Young Adult Children (18 Years and Beyond)
July 7 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
One event on July 21, 2023 at 7:00 pm
One event on August 11, 2023 at 7:00 pm
One event on August 25, 2023 at 7:00 pm
One event on September 8, 2023 at 7:00 pm
One event on September 22, 2023 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 6, 2023 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 20, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Potential Topics for Discussion:
· How do you handle their roller coaster of emotions (today, they are happy and affectionate; the next day, they are angry and unapproachable)?
· What are some effective ways to react to their behaviors, comments, opinions, etc.?
· How do you deal with the stress of navigating graduations and special events?
· How do you manage the emotional upheaval leading up to, during, and following the holidays?
· How do you deal with a dad who “buys” their affection?
· How do you deal with their comments and behaviors toward you when their dad assumes the role of “buddy” or “frat boy” leader?
· How do you deal with being “blamed” for the divorce, being gaslighted by their dad through the kids, or being told that you should “feel bad for Dad”?
Note: This group is intended for members who have 1 or more young adult children who are 18 years of age or older. It is not intended for moms who have young children who are involved in custody arrangements