- This event has passed.
Parents With Teens and Young Adults Support Group
July 21, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until June 30, 2022
One event on July 14, 2022 at 7:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until July 28, 2022
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SUPPORT GROUP IS CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
WE HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US AT THAT TIME.
Therapist Group Leader: Heather Hernandez
Heather used her Clinical Social Work degree from Boston University for group therapy sessions for Arlington Youth Counseling Center where she provided psychotherapy to youth and their families including Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Motivational interviewing; Collaborative Problem Solving; Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy; Group Therapy for Domestic Violence; Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; Parenting High-Risk Youth; Trauma Informed Care; Non-Violent Crisis Intervention; Safety Planning.
Cost: $200 (for all 6 sessions) *financial hardship scholarships available
Number of Participants: Max of 10 people per session. Registration is cut off after 1st group
- Confidentiality: To create a safe space, all participants must agree to confidentiality. This means:
- find a space to participate in group where other participants will not be overheard.
- If you are not in a private space, please use headphones
- Attendance: This group is intended to be a support group. To build trust and safety we will follow the following guidelines:
- Entrance to the group will be cut off 10 minutes after the start of group
- Please plan to attend all 6 meetings
- If you must miss a group, please notify the facilitator as soon as possible
- Participation: People participate in groups in different ways. Some like to speak a lot, some observe and speak very little. It is the job of the facilitator to create space in the group for all to participate in ways that are best for them. As such:
- I will not call on people to participate verbally, unless they indicate that they want to
- I will ask people who have spoken a lot to make space for others to speak
- Homework: I will provide some information for people to look at between groups that we will have time to reflect on in the next group. It is not necessary to read the information but may be helpful.